Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Truth


After a week that included the Mid Year Seminar, Conbini golf and a big Friday night which ended with me passed out at the Underground, I'm sort of glad to be back in the grind of a regular work week.
I spent the weekend at home, under the kotatsu and got caught up on my TV and movie watching. Brokeback Mountain was bland, while I thought Elizabethtown was surprisingly good. I've discovered a new tv show called Braniac from the UK. Its the Top Gear of Science shows, if that means anything to you, but it reminds me of the Bill Nye the Science Guy show on PBS back in the 90's. Any show where they blow shit up on a regular basis is fine in my book. And the show that's like taking cocaine laced with speed is back...24! The bastard child of Chuck Norris and your momma, Jack Bauer, is back for one more season of terrorist-torturing, bomb-diffusing, yelling-in-yo-face mayhem. Jack Bauer is the truth.
Don't forget, this Saturday is the big Winter Jam at Bar Fly. Tickets are 1500yen in advance, 1700yen at the door.

Later kids,

B